Loving mother to Derek 29, Anna Camille 16 and Eva Jeanee
13. Daughter of Don and Diane Stemmans and the late Janet
Pitt Stemmans. Sister of D. Charles Stemmans II and Dr Cat S.
Public Service is a family tradition. I look forward to
continuing that tradition. I am not afraid of hard work, I am
personable and work well in groups gathering a consensus.
Please allow me the opportunity to serve my community.
President of Stemmans, Inc. – The Horse Supply Specialists –
responsible for the day to day operations of the store
including ordering, accounting and customer service, etc.
Attended Carencro Heights Elementary, Carencro Elementary
and Graduated from Carencro High School in 1984, Graduated
from Tulane University in 1987 in History with additional work
in Business and Accounting.
PUBLIC AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
• Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association – Board of Directors, chair of Finance / Audit and Salary / Benefits Committees, serving on the Governmental Affairs Committee, 2004 to the present
• Racing Employees Assistance Program (REAP) Treasurer, 2004 to the present
• Louisiana Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective
Association Pension Trustee, 2005 to the present, Louisiana Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association Board of Directors, 2017 to present, currently Vice President, Workers Compensation Trustee, 2017 to present
• Board of Directors Krewe of Karencro, 2013 to present, currently Commodore
• Lafayette Parish 4-H Sale Bookkeeper, 2002 to present
• Notary Public, 1990 to present
• Former Mayor Pro Tempre of the City of Carencro, 1999 to 2003
• City of Carencro Municipal Civil Service Board, 2012 to 2015
• Past member of the Lafayette in the Next Century (LINC)Steering Committee, serving on the Drainage, PublicSafety and Utilities Committees, 1999 to 2004
• Former member of the PARC – Parks and
RecreationCommission of Carencro, 2000 to 2004